February 11(&12) at Sebring International Raceway, Sebring, Florida.
Gates open at 8am and ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST ARRIVE AT THE TRACK AND GO THROUGH C.F.R. S.C.C.A. REGISTRATION BEFORE 10:30am ON SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 11. ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS!!! Late arrivals will be denied paddock access.
All participants are asked to arrive early and will be required to sign track and S.C.C.A. event waivers to gain entry to the paddock. Track passes will be good for both days. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18 MUST HAVE MINOR WAIVERS COMPLETED BY BOTH PARENTS. To obtain a minor waiver please visit www.scca.com, click on “downloads”, then click on “Minor Release and Waiver” under the Insurance Forms tab to download the form. Participants who did not register on Saturday may attend on Sunday but MUST GO THROUGH C.F.R. S.C.C.A. BEFORE 10am. Again, late arrivals will be denied paddock access. ALL PARTICPANTS MUST REGISTER IN PERSON EITHER ON SATURDAY OR SUNDAY.
All model Volvos are invited to attend this Regional/South Atlantic Road Racing Championship/Vintage race weekend. The event will feature door prizes, trophies in multiple categories, and a limited number of rides in the CFR SCCA Pace Car. Entry to the event is $5.00 per person. A limited number of rides will be available in the pace car for $10 per person, 2 people per ride. There will be 4 opportunities to ride in the pace car on Saturday, and 12 opportunities beginning at 8am on Sunday. Proceeds from the pace car rides will benefit the CFR SCCA Corner Worker fund.
Rules & Regulations:
1) Tent camping will be allowed on Saturday night. Absolutely no tent stakes to be driven into the concrete or asphalt.
2) All persons must sign waivers to gain entry to the track paddock.
3) No alcohol allowed until all racing activities have ceased for the day.
4) Non SCCA members are NOT allowed in “hot” areas (pit road and the pre-race grid). All participants will be in the “racing paddock” and will have all access except to aforementioned hot areas.
5) Pets are NOT permitted on Sebring International Raceway premises.
6) All participants must obey the instruction of Sebring Raceway and CFR SCCA personnel.
7) Roller blades, roller skates and skate boards are NOT permitted.
8) Obey posted paddock and track facility speed limits.
9) Event participant passes must be kept on your person at all times.
10) Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Things to bring:
1) Coolers with beverages.
2) Picnic lunch. BBQ grills are permitted. Open fires are prohibited. Food is available at the Snack Shack on site for breakfast and lunch. There are also restaurants at the Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center located trackside and at the airport terminal.
3) Hats, sun block, umbrellas, rain gear.
4) Lawn chairs, tents, sleeping bags, misc. camping gear.
5) EAR PLUGS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED…ESPECIALLY FOR CHILDREN. The Sebring gift shop should be open if you need to purchase ear plugs at the track.
A special race group comprised of Swedish racing drivers will be featured. The Swedish contingent will be racing new Camaros with bodies fitted that emulate 1969 Camaros. SW FL VCOA member Bill Rose will campaign his 1973 Volvo 1800ES FP race car in the production group. Other Volvo race cars that are currently SCCA eligible with properly licensed race drivers are invited to attend and must register on the DLB racing site to participate in their respective class.
PLEASE RSVP TO TRICIA ROSE, EVENT COORDINATOR AT firstname.lastname@example.org IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND SO THAT WE CAN DETERMINE THE AMOUNT OF SPACE REQUIRED FOR THE VOLVO CAR CORRAL. IF YOU PLAN TO ARRIVE ON SUNDAY PLEASE SEND RSVP and INCLUDE A LIST OF NAMES OF ALL PEOPLE IN YOUR PARTY. A list of Sunday arrivals will be left with the C.F.R. S.C.C.A. registrar.
To learn more about the Central Florida Region SCCA please visit www.cfrscca.org
To learn more about the Volvo Club of America, Florida Chapters please visit www.flvcoa.org
To learn more about the Florida Volvo Community please visit www.floridavolvocommunity.net
Kenilworth Lodge Holiday Inn Express & Suites-Sebring
Inn on the Lakes Economy Inn of Sebring
Chateau Elan Hotel & Conference Center (located trackside)
Residence Inn-Sebring La Quinta Inn & Suites-Sebring